Another BHFF year is on its way and the 19th Annual BHFF is planned to take place from April 20-24, 2022. We have our first official general meeting and we would like to extend an invitation to all to (re)join the team.
Being a not-for-profit organization at the core, we are proud that even after 19 years we are still able to be an all-volunteer run organization, and as such BHFF is both a service to a community as well as an exciting professional challenge. Besides contributions to an important and creative cause, the BHFF is also intended to benefit your personal and professional growth. BHFF provides you with a platform to learn more about filmmaking, cinema, and BH culture while giving you an opportunity to test creative ideas in event planning, fundraising, promotion, design, technology, and public relations. We are open and welcome to everyone regardless of your background, gender, nationality, or any other identity. Furthermore, if you are from BiH the work on BHFF is a unique opportunity to reconnect with your heritage and to complement and strengthen your BH identity while helping your compatriots in BiH.
How do we work
While run by senior executive staff BHFF team is also divided up into smaller practice area teams who plan, prepare, and perform numerous tasks over the course of 8-9 months ahead of the final film festival event in April. We primarily communicate via email but we meet once a month at the location in Manhattan in person or via conference call for a general coordination meeting to align various teams and tasks.
Over 16 years BHFF has established relevant, important, credible, and beneficial partnerships and networks with various film production companies, organizations, film distributors, and associations. We also have an extensive support network from our donors and media partners as well as individual support from independent filmmakers. As part of BHFF, you are not alone and you are not expected to organize the film festival from scratch. You will be able to use the above resources as well as our extensive 16 years of experience, records, and procedures to help you in the process. However, as always we also welcome new and fresh ideas and new energy that you can bring to the team.
Areas where you can help
We are currently seeking to strengthen and augment the following areas of our team:
- Public Relations Coordinator – liaison for various media partners and outlets in the US and BiH, prepares press releases, conducts interviews. Required bi-lingual with strong oral and writing skills in both Bosnian and English language.
- Social Media Coordinator – maintains Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media accounts
- Website Content Coordinator – manages the website and online media content. Updates website and organizes assets (web-based content management system).
- Strategic Partnership Coordinator – liaison for the US and BiH based organizations, film production companies, distribution companies, and other relevant partners to promote the strategic mission of the festival. Preferably bi-lingual but not required.
- Graphic Designers – prepares and coordinates print media content. Coordinates with graphic design collaborators in BiH. Preferable bi-lingual but not required.
- AV Documentarian – a specialist in AV recording, media processing, and organization.
Also if you have any other skills that you think would be useful for BHFF please don’t hesitate to contact us.
As we are planning our activities for the next 8 months we would like to hear from you about your availability, if any, in organizing the BHFF 2020. By availability, we mean actively being involved with communication with the team and taking on and completing tasks in a timely manner. We need to know where we stand with our team resources for the next 1-3 and 1-8 months. If you can contribute only occasionally we would like to know that too. If you cannot anticipate your availability that far ahead but would like to stay in touch please let us know also. Please feel free to forward this information to anyone you think would be interested to get involved.
Thank you for your consideration as we are looking forward to another successful festival year.